HEMI ANECHOIC CHAMBER
IAC Acoustics has installed hundreds of hemi-anechoic facilities to universities, research laboratories and test houses. Our range of single and double wall construction rooms allow for high precision measurements to be carried out in a hemi-anechoic environment.
Typical uses include testing microphones, hearing protection devices and hi-fi equipment. The hard reflective floor is typically used when larger or heavier items are tested where a full anechoic facility would be impractical, or when the normal mode of operation is over a reflective plane such as a floor or hard road surface.
High precision hemi-anechoic chambers from IAC Acoustics offer the same build specification as our range of fully anechoic chambers, except with a hard, isolated floating floor, rather than one lined with anechoic wedges.
Hemi-anechoic rooms come with the following standard features:
- Anechoic wedges (foam, fibreglass or IAC Metadyne®) with the required low-frequency cut-offs
- Double or single acoustic panel wall construction
- IAC Acoustics standard ventilation system coupled to the building supply
- Lighting (interior) minimally acoustically reflective
- Circular cable ports
- Interior non-reflective cable floor system above the floor wedges with a nylon catch net below
- IAC Acousti-flote™ floor system with vibration isolators
- One IAC Noise-lock® wedge acoustic door
- Additional or larger Noise-lock® acoustic doors
- Access panels for equipment and test openings
- Double Acousti-flote™ floor for anechoic rooms
- Air mounts, springs or other types of vibration isolators
- Independent ventilation system