Automotive Test Chambers / NVH
Controlled Acoustic Environment • Repeatable Test Accuracy • Proven Build Quality • Single Source Responsibility
IAC Acoustics designs and manufactures test chambers and structures that provide specific controlled acoustical environments in which to perform accurate and repeatable testing for NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) research and automotive production line quality control.
IAC Acoustics has been at the forefront of providing acoustic testing facilities to the automotive market. With over 70 years of experience, IAC Acoustics has lead the way through innovation and were the first company to introduce a metal-clad anechoic wedge for use in NVH testing facilities.
Uses for IAC Automotive Acoustic Test Facilities
IAC Acoustics test chambers and enclosures are typically designed and used for:
- Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH)
- Powertrain Engineering and Development
- Transmission and Brake Testing
- 4 Poster Testing
- Pass-by Noise Testing
- Seat Track Mechanism Testing
- Vehicle Climate Component Testing
- Material NRC and TL Research Testing
- Interior Cabin Noise Testing
Acoustical Cabinet for AC Wheel Dyno
- This high-performance, close fitting acoustic cabinet was custom designed for an OEM provider of testing and data acquisition systems for a major chassis and driveline R&D facility. The design incorporated easily removable sections for access and interchangeable axle interfaces to allow vehicle type flexibility.